It’s another stellar morning. Harold is gazing at birds, (lip-smacking sounds), and Tia is basking in morning sunshine, ain’t Spring great! Here’s a pic of IB Iris “Concertina”. One of the tallest ones yet, at around 27″, she’s very delicate and lovely.
I’m watching myself get ready for the rewrite, and I’m wondering,
Am I a plodder? plod (pld)
v. plod·ded, plod·ding, plods
1. To move or walk heavily or laboriously; trudge: “donkeys that plodded wearily in a circle round a gin” (D.H. Lawrence).
2. To work or act perseveringly or monotonously; drudge: plodding through a mountain of paperwork.
To trudge along or over…
Or, am I a planner? plan (pln)
1. A scheme, program, or method worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective: a plan of attack.
2. A proposed or tentative project or course of action: had no plans for the evening.
3. A systematic arrangement of elements or important parts; a configuration or outline: a seating plan; the plan of a story.
4. A drawing or diagram made to scale showing the structure or arrangement of something…
I think I’m a planner who plods. I don’t laboriously plod, I perseveringly plod – through a plan. Which doesn’t mean to say that like D.H. Lawrence’s donkey, I’m wearily going in a circle around a gin, I’m more likely to be whizzing in a circle and drinking gin! I like planning. I discover possibilities, and that’s exciting!